11/26/2009

Review of Kitchen Basics, Stock Beef, 32-Ounce (12 Pack)

I am a skilled and avid cook and foodie who regularly makes my own chicken stock. Unfortunately, beef stock is a lot more work, a lot more expensive, and a lot more time consuming. For me, even allowing for the superior quality, it's generally just not worth it to make beef stock, so I make a point of ALWAYS having a couple of boxes of this product in my pantry. It's useful for a quick weeknight soup or stew, works very well for gravies, and can sub for water in most any beef recipe.

I've tried pretty much every packaged stock or broth product there is, and when it comes to the beef varieties, I can assure you that Kitchen Basics is literally the ONLY one worth using. It's a deep, dark, richly flavored stock (and as an added benefit, it's made from ingredients I recognize and can pronounce!)... ;-)

I also keep boxed chicken stock on hand, but that's a story for another review.




Click Here to see more reviews about: Kitchen Basics, Stock Beef, 32-Ounce (12 Pack)

No comments:

Post a Comment